The Hakuba valley is located deep within the Japanese Alps inside the Nagano Prefecture. The valley incorporates 10 ski resorts, over 200 runs, 139 lifts, huge towering peaks, a local village, ski /snowboard shops, a combination of traditional or western dining and Apres entertainment. This is the heart and soul of snow sports in Japan and played host to many events during the 1998 winter Olympics including, downhill skiing, ski jumping and the super G.
Reasons To Go
- Ski 10 unique ski fields with one lift pass.
- The average snow depth for the Hakuba area over is over 2.5 metres.
- The average snowfall for the season is over 14 metres.
- Hakuba's terrain ranges from beginner slopes to expert terrain parks.
- Hakuba boasts some of the steepest terrain in Japan.
- There is something for everyone and everyday is a new experience.